CV risk reduction beyond statin therapy: Exploring the role of icosapent ethyl
EBAC accredited symposium at ESC Preventive Cardiology 2022
If you are attending ESC Preventive Cardiology 2022 online you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited symposium.
Thursday, April 7, 2022: 16:10 – 16:55 hrs CEST
- Understand the key findings of large-scale omega-3 fatty acid clinical trials and how this information relates to reducing ASCVD events in clinical practice
- Apply recent clinical trial evidence of icosapent ethyl on a case-by-case basis for patients with established CVD who are on statins and at risk of further CV events
- Identify barriers to the implementation of effective, long-term management of ASCVD
- Introduction Prof. Ulrich Laufs, MD, PhD - Leipzig, Germany
- Assessing residual cardiovascular risk in patients already treated with statin therapy Prof. Alberto Zambon, MD, PhD - Padua, Italy
- Exploring the role of icosapent ethyl based on current clinical evidence Prof. Wouter Jukema, MD, PhD - Leiden, The Netherlands
- Icosapent ethyl: What are the most likely mechanisms of benefit? Prof. Chris Packard, PhD - Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Discussion All faculty
For more information, please visit the ESC Preventive Cardiology website.
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Amarin.