Update on managing CV risk in diabetes: what's the evidence?
EPCCS Annual CV Summit5' education - Mar. 22, 2019 - Lisbon, Portugal - Kamlesh Khunti & Richard Hobbs
Video navigation menu
- The relevance of CV risk in diabetes 0:23
- What can be done to mitigate the CV risk associated with diabetes? 1:28
- Is the evidence on new means to lower CV risk in diabetes implemented in practice? 2:31
- Barriers to implementation of the evidence 3:29
- It's time to discuss a new concept: quaternary prevention or de-intensification of therapy 4:17
This video was recorded during the two-day EPCCS CV Summit and aims to give an impression of the presentation given by prof. Khunti.
Professor Kamlesh Khunti is head of Department and Professor of Primary Care Diabetes and Vascular Medicine, at the Diabetes Research Centre, University of Leicester, Leiceister, UK.
Professor Richard Hobbs, MD - Professor and Head of the Department of Primary Health Care- Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Science - University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. Prof. Hobbs is chairman of EPCCS.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of EPCCS. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of EPCCS. No funding was obtained for the recording of this video.