Stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation
EPCCS Annual CV Summit5' education - Mar. 21, 2019 - Lisbon, Portugal - Michaela Machácová & Richard Hobbs
Video navigation menu
- Why is it important to screen for atrial fibrillation? 0:25
- Options to lower stroke risk in AF - vitamin K antagonists 2:20
- Options to lower stroke risk in AF - DOACs 3:48
- Recommendations to physicians in countries that do not allow all treatment options 4:43
- Is there a role for aspirin in treatment of AF patients? 7:38
This video was recorded during the two-day EPCCS CV Summit and aims to give an impression of the presentation given by prof. Hobbs.
Michaela Macháčová, MD is general practitioner, Vice-president of The Slovak Society of General Practice, President of The 24th WONCA EUROPE CONFERENCE, and a PhD student and teacher at the Medical Faculty of Comenius University Bratislava, Slovakia. She is an EPCCS Council Member for Slovakia.
Professor Richard Hobbs, MD - Professor and Head of the Department of Primary Health Care- Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Science - University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. Prof. Hobbs is chairman of EPCCS.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of EPCCS. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of EPCCS. No funding was obtained for the recording of this video.