Practical management of cardiovascular risk: Lessons from latest diabetes trials
Preventing Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with T2DM - How to apply novel outcome data with GLP-1 RA to clinical practice (3/3)July 17, 2018 - Prof. Lars Rydén, MD - Karolinska Institute Stockholm, Sweden
Prof. Rydén reviews cardiovascular outcome trials with different types of GLP-1 RAs and explains the differences.
Video navigation menu
- Incretin-based glucose lowering 00:34
- Short-acting GLP-1 RA in T2DM: results from outcome trials 03:01
- GLP-1 RA- human analogues: results from outcome trials 05:37
- LEADER / SUSTAIN 6 study details 07:00
- Reasons for different outcomes between GLP-1 RA trials 16:26
This lecture by Prof. Rydén was part of a CME accredited symposium: Preventing Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with T2DM - How to apply novel outcome data with GLP-1 RA to clinical practice, held during EuroPrevent in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Professor Lars Rydén, MD - Senior Professor of Cardiology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
This recording was developed under auspices of EPCCS. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of EPCCS.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk.