Lipids and food
Prof. David Marais reviews the impact of various dietary lipids as they relate to the conventional lipoprotein profile in persons who do not have significant metabolic defects, as well as the impact on persons with metabolic disease.
Video navigation menu
- Lipid contents of vegetable and animal food 02:23
- Acute effects of single fatty meal 08:37
- Postprandial phenomena 10:18
- Response to ingested cholesterol 11:26
- Effects of lipid classes on lipoprotein metabolism 12:35
Professor David Marais is Professor, Head of Lipidology at Groote Schuur Hospital and University of Cape Town, South Africa.
The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of EPCCS. EPCCS did not receive financial support for the production of this recording.
The information and data provided in this program were updated and correct at the time of the program development, but may be subject to change.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: