Lipid lowering: the evidence, the guidelines, the clinical realityMar. 17, 2018 - EPCCS 2018, Barcelona, Spain - Dr. Monika Hollander, prof. Frank Visseren, dr. Jan Oltrogge
EPCCS 2018 Despite the known efficacy of lipid-lowering therapy, in clinical reality still many patients remain at high risk, for instance due to statin intolerance. The panel discusses how to manage this, and also which risk assessment tools can be used in which patients, to guide treatment decisions.
Video navigation menu
- How to manage patients with statin intolerance 0:43
- Risk management in the elderly and how to decide if lipid-lowering treatment is needed 2:14
- New tools to communicate risk are warranted 4:02
- U-Prevent is a tool in development to assess life-time benefit of specific treatments 6:02
- Both negative and positive media stories about statins can affect treatment adherence 7:31
- Good risk communication can improve lifestyle modification to lower CV risk. 9:48
This video was recorded during the two-day EPCCS CV Summit and aims to give an impression of the presentation given by prof. Visseren.
Prof. Frank Visseren - internist, UMC Utrecht, the Netherlands
Dr. Monika Hollander - General Practitioner, Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dr. Jan Oltrogge - General Practitioner, Hamburg, Germany
This recording was independently developed under auspices of EPCCS. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of EPCCS. No funding was obtained for the recording of this video.