What can be learned from the latest hypertension trials?10' education - May 26, 2017
Prof. Richard McManus summarises the results of three large trials that evaluated different intensities of blood pressure management and different blood pressure targets. With prof. Richard Hobbs, he considers what lessons can be learned for primary care.
Video navigation menu
- Hypertension management and blood pressure targets in the SPRINT, ACCORD and SPS3 trials 0:25
- What can we learn from the differences between the results of these trials? 3:30
- Additional insights from a pooled meta-analysis of these data 4:59
- Adverse events seen in the intensive treatment arms 6:08
- Advice when translating these data to clinical practice 7:16